The procedure performed is advanced and non-invasive implantology, without incisions or stitches. It requires contact anaesthesia with anaesthetic gel and local anaesthesia without any discomfort for the patient.
Dental implantology is for patients who have completed bone growth. Indeed, the first condition to intervene is to have bones in good condition, either quantitatively or qualitatively. If this is not the case, the doctor will use a bone graft.
Each dental implant placement requires 15 minutes of intervention. The undesirable effects following this last one are few:
- Little bleeding
- Little or no oedema
- Little or no pain (if necessary, an analgesic will be recommended)
There are 2 types of implantations:
- Conventional Implantation: a traditional method that allows implant placement and provisional crowns, pending the second stay, 2 to 6 months later, for the final prostheses.
- Implantation Immediate: recent method which consists of the installation of dental implants with the realization of a temporary prosthesis, aesthetic and functional. This technique is recommended in urgent cases of purely aesthetic interests. The prosthesis will connect the implants, thus increasing the chances of osseointegration. The disadvantage is the length of stay which requires a presence of 21 days. The temporary prosthesis will be replaced 3 to 6 months later by a definitive ceramic prosthesis.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of post-operative advice:
- the patient will be able to brush their teeth on the day of dental implant placement to minimize the risk of infection,
- avoid heat sources in the operated area,
- do not eat too hard,
- do not smoke the days following the placement of the dental implants,
- do not use an electric toothbrush during the healing period,
- do not sleep on the operated side
Dental implantology does not require hospitalization, which allows patients to fully enjoy their stay in Tunisia.